Terms and Conditions
- Please read carefully to ensure a smooth ride in Sydney Harbour.
The Conditions of the agreement between H2O Maxi Taxis or any of its partners and sub-contractors and the passenger and purchaser of services are set out below. In providing your credit card details to secure your booking you agree to accept these Terms and Conditions - please read these carefully:
- 1. PAYMENT
- (a) Credit card details are required to secure every booking regardless of the mode of payment. Cash may be paid on board.
- (b) No surcharge for Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or Diners.
- (c) H2O Maxi Taxis reserves the right to charge the credit card with any fees due that have not been paid on board including cancellation fees, waiting fees (refer below) additional passengers and all and any variations to the journey as requested by the passenger. Where variations are agreed to by your skipper additional fees will apply at our published rates and without warning by your skipper.
(d) Island Events - 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking.
(e)25% non-refundable deposit may be required for multiple boats.
- 2. CANCELLATION - the following policy is strictly adhered to:
- (a) Same day bookings are non-refundable.
- (b) 100% of the quoted water taxi fee where cancellation occurs within 24 hours of the time for which the service is booked.
(c) 50% of the quoted water taxi fee where cancellation occurs between 24 and 48 hours before the time for which the service is booked.
(d) DECEMBER - 100% of the quoted fare where cancellation occurs within 21 days of the day for which the service is booked. **Please be aware that no reduction in the fare will be accept for reduction in passenger numbers within 21 days for which a December service is booked.**
(e) 100% of the quoted water taxi fee where cancellation occurs with three days of services booked for Australia Day, Anzac Day, Boxing Day, St Valentine's Day and any other designated public holiday or special event day.
(f) Bookings for New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and Christmas Day are payable at the time of booking and are non-refundable for any reason except if cancelled by H2O Maxi Taxis.
(g) WEATHER WARNING: If a gale weather warning is issued for SYDNEY HARBOUR by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology, H2O Taxis reserves the right to cancel any water taxi bookings if H2O Maxi Taxis deems it to be unsafe to travel. Where H2O Maxi Taxis cancels any booking due to weather, there will be no cost to the passenger and no redress against H2O MAxi Taxis by the passenger for the cancelled transfer.
(h) Water taxi cancellations must be emailed to .
(i) Water taxi cancellation is not effective until acknowledged in writing by H2O Maxi Taxis.
(j) Changes to your water taxi booking must be made in writing (not including variations requested on board by the passenger). Changes are not effective until acknowledged in writing by H2O Maxi Taxis.
(k) Where passengers fail to show for any reason at the location and time for which the service is booked, H2O Maxi Taxis reserves the right to wait for a maximum of 15 minutes where possible, before deeming the booking to have been cancelled. In this event 100% of the quoted fee will apply and be charged to the credit card provided without further notice to the passenger.
(l) Cancelled bookings are not transferrable to another day.
- 3. WAITING FEES
- (a) H2O Maxi Taxis does not guarantee that your boat will be able to wait if you are late (refer to Clause 2(k) above.
(b) Where your water taxi does wait, wait fees apply after five minutes at the rate of $3.00 per minute per boat.
(c) Passengers are strongly advised to be assembled and ready to leave their chosen wharf at the time for which they requested their water taxi.
- 4. FARES
- (a) Fares are charged at the rate quoted for either the number passengers for which the service is booked, or the number of passengers that travel on the day, whichever is the greater. For example, if you booked for ten passengers, and only 9 travel on the day, you will still pay for your booking of 10 passengers. If you book for 10 passengers and 11 travel on the day, you will pay for 11 passengers.
(b) Fares do not include any landing fees payable to NSW National Parks and Wildlife for Shark Island, Clark Island or Fort Denison.
(c) If an extra wharf drop-off is requested and it is on the route between the agreed pick-up and drop=off points the extra fee will be $30. If the additional drop off requires a diversion then the rate will be at the reasonable discretion of H2O Maxi Taxis.
- 5. VESSELS
- (a) H2O Maxi Taxis reserves the right to determine and allocate on the day of the booking, the vessel from its fleet that H2O Maxi Taxis deems appropriate for the booking concerned and available on the day.
- 6. SAFETY
- (a) Smoking is not permitted on any area of any H2O Maxi Taxis vessel at any time.
- (b) H2O Maxi Taxis reserves the right to refuse to carry or to remove from a service, a passenger who, in the reasonable opinion of H2O Maxi Taxis, is intoxicated by drugs and/or alcohol and who may pose a potential threat to themselves, others or property. Any and all additional costs incurred as a result of the refusal to carry, or the removal from the service will be borne solely by the passenger/purchaser of services and that sector of travel on the passenger booking will be deemed to have been travelled.
- 7. WEATHER
Passengers may wish to refer to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology for weather information -www.bom.gov.au - however reliance on this information is at the discretion of the passenger and H2O Maxi Taxis takes no responsibility for the accuracy of weather information from this site.
- Please contact our office should you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions.